By the time I got home, it was already past dinner time, which meant I did not have much time to cook the delicacy. To make things worse, all my cooking utensils except a cooking pan were in the dishwasher. I needed to be creative if I did not want to stay hungry for long. So, I grabbed the following things from the fridge and started cooking:
– 5 to 8 cloves of garlic
– 1 to 2 inches of ginger
– 3 scallions
– 1/3 cup of oil
1. Cut the lobster into pieces of about 2 to 3 inches.
2. Peel off the skin of the garlic, and chop lightly.
3. Scrape off the skin of the ginger, and slice the ginger into small pieces.
4. Wash the scallions, remove the thin skin, cut off the tips and then chop into sections of about 1 inch each.
5. Heat a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add oil. When oil gets hot, add garlic pieces and ginger slices, and stir-fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the lobster pieces into the sizzling garlic and ginger flavor base, and stir for about two minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Open the cover and add scallion sections into the pan, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and the lobster meal is ready!
The whole preparation and cooking process took about 20 minutes, and I only used a couple of ingredients. It was quick and simple—and it was delicious!