Holiday season is a time for relaxing, eating, and coming up with new recipes. Today, I made a simple dinner with crab meat stuffed salmon with avocado and leek puree.
Ingredients (a serving):
– 6 oz crab meat
– 4 oz salmon fillet
– 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 1 Egg
– 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
– 3 teaspoons of olive oil
– 6 to 9 fingerling potatoes
– 4 oz avocado
– 2 oz leek
– 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt
– Micro Greens
– Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix crab, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, eggs, celery, onion, and parsley and season with salt and pepper. (Optional: add Old Bay Seasoning)
Lay salmon fillet flat, and spread olive oil evenly on the fillet.
Spoon the crab stuffing onto the salmon fillet, roll up the salmon fillet, and tie with a string.
Brush a baking tray with olive oil. Set the stuffed salmon fillet onto the baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes,
Bake in upper third of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
2. Place potatoes in water, add ½ teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, turn heat to low-medium. Boil for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Bring water to a boil and add 2 oz of leek (chopped in one to two inch pieces) along with ½ teaspoon of salt. When the water comes back to a boil, quickly turn off the heat and take out the leek from the water. Chop the leek. Put the leek in a blender with heavy cream, butter, and yogurt until a desired consistency is reached.
4. Peel avocado and scoop avocado flesh into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water and salt, and blend once more.
5. Place avocado sauce, leek sauce, baked salmon, and boiled potatoes on plate, top with micro greens.